Ingenix Consulting’s Clinical Performance Management Services Helps Hospitals Reduce Errors, Improve Clinical and Financial Performance
- Advanced Data Analytics, Clinical Consulting Expertise Enable Health Care Providers to Identify and Remedy Challenges to Delivering Better Quality and Patient Outcomes
Ingenix Consulting has launched Clinical Performance Management Services, a new program that helps hospitals, health systems and physicians leverage underutilized clinical data to identify and remove barriers to better patient health and financial performance.
Clinical Performance Management Services gives hospitals the tools they need to develop key performance metrics, benchmark against national trends and improve processes. Specific capabilities include:
- Policy analysis, evaluation and strategy services, including financial and economic analysis of health system programs, regulatory proposals, payment adequacy and evaluation of plan redesign.
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) optimization services to help clients improve clinical efficiency and achieve “meaningful use.”
- Organizational performance- and outcomes-improvement strategies that help health care providers enhance patient outcomes and meet new government and commercial payer reporting requirements.
- Information systems security audit readiness assessment to ensure client health information technology (HIT) systems meet U.S. Department of Health & Human Services security standards.
“Clinical Performance Management Services’ comprehensive collection of analytics and advisory capabilities will help health systems implement quality initiatives and transform their operations to meet federal requirements, improve care delivery and optimize revenue,” said Scott Hendrickson, vice president, Ingenix Consulting. “Health care providers recognize that exceptional clinical performance affects patient satisfaction, financial stability and access to capital. Ingenix Consulting is providing the data-driven insights health care providers need to make better care and better organizational management decisions.”
Improving health care quality and outcomes is a national health care priority. For example, readmission and mortality rates are key measures of hospital performance endorsed by the National Quality Forum (NQF) and supported by the Hospital Quality Alliance (HQA). According to a study published in April 2009 in the New England Journal of Medicine, readmissions cost the Medicare program $17.4 billion in 2004. Consequently, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and many private health plans increasingly decline reimbursements for readmission care. This creates clear financial incentives for health care providers to enhance care to reduce readmission rates.
For more information about Ingenix Consulting’s Clinical Performance Management Services program, visit www.ingenixconsulting.com, call (866) 223-6738 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Ingenix Consulting
Ingenix Consulting, a global leader in health care consulting, accelerates clients' business around growth, performance and capital. The data-driven consultancy in health and human services, employs more than 1,000 consultants with experience working with hospitals, physicians, health plans, employers, government agencies and pharmaceutical companies. Ingenix Consulting is a part of Ingenix. For more information, visit www.ingenixconsulting.com.
Ingenix, a UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) company, is a leading provider of health information, technology and consulting services. Organizations, institutions, businesses and government agencies that comprise the health care system depend on Ingenix solutions and insights to improve their performance. Visit www.ingenix.com for more information.