Removing friction and improving transparency between payers, providers and consumers
- We’re making it easier for clinicians to focus on caring for patients by providing evidence-based tools to help them make real-time decisions about the best treatment option and lessen the time spent navigating authorizations and claims.
- We’re innovating to make administrative transactions, clinical decision-making and payments smoother and faster among providers, payers and consumers.
- We’re drawing upon the full strength and breadth of our capabilities, including revenue cycle management, operations, analytics, technology and care coordination to help local health systems continue to independently service their communities with high-quality care.
Our Optum Insight business has combined with Change Healthcare to help create more effective and simpler experiences for consumers, payers and care providers while lowering costs across the health system.
The combined businesses are working to:
- Improve the quality of health care delivery by offering critical point of care insights aligned to evidence-based medical standards within the physician workflow.
- Simplify administration by fully automating claims transactions including editing in the EDI stream, improving claim accuracy.
- Reduce friction in the payment process by providing patient benefits and payment obligations at point of service and applying payment integrity edits upfront.
We are developing and advancing technology to help connect people to care where and when they need it. By integrating virtual and in-person services, we are providing a more accessible, personalized and seamless care experience.
Our Optum virtual care platform enables patients to connect with their own care provider from anywhere. It facilitates telehealth capabilities and broad access to Optum’s physicians, community-based clinics, pharmacies and home health services in all 50 states.