At UnitedHealth Group, disability inclusion is central to who we are as a company, as we continuously strive to improve health care accessibility, foster an inclusive culture for all types of disabilities and offer sustainable careers at all levels. Bring your authentic self and join us in Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Disability inclusion internship program
In partnership with disability workforce development agencies and nonprofit community partners, we offer a career development program open to candidates with disabilities who want to gain corporate experience in a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.Join us
- A 12–15-week program in a cohort setting.
- Flexible full-time and part-time hours.
- Competitive pay program with the potential for permanent employment.
- Explore careers in the health care industry.
- Become prepared for corporate roles through mentorship.
- Learn new skills through hands-on training and shadowing.
- Be a part of the disability talent community.
- Be local to the area of the job opening if the job posting specifies this requirement.
- Participate for the full 12-15 weeks of the program.
- Be open to the possibility of permanent employment if you receive an offer.
- Meet all requirements for the position(s) for which you choose to apply.
UnitedHealth Group awarded for disability inclusion
The Disability Equality Index® (DEI) recognized UnitedHealth Group as one of the best workplaces for disability inclusion in 2022 and it’s our third year in a row.
Our company aims to lead disability inclusion practices such as:
- Leadership engagement and inclusive culture.
- Enterprise-wide accessibility.
- Employment and hiring practices.
- Community engagement and support services.
- Supplier diversity.
We’re committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, please call 1-866-566-8715 to be connected to Recruitment Services from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.