Delivering affordable, simple experiences and high-quality access to care
- We’re supporting clinical programs that keep members healthy, guiding them to the best sites of service, and simplifying administrative processes.
- We’re simplifying the member experience with a digital-first approach that provides individuals with tools to manage their care, and access to telehealth and home health services.
- We’re partnering with care providers to make it simpler for them to work with us and care for their patients, and we’re expanding provider relationships that reward value and provide a human touch through advocacy and concierge programs.
- We’re investing in areas such as affordable housing and food security to help address factors that play a vital role in a person’s health but fall outside the clinical setting.
Simplified health plans
UnitedHealthcare’s Surest health plans seek to simplify how people navigate the health system, while helping improve access to care and making it easier to comparison shop for medical services based on quality measures and upfront prices.
Key features of Surest plans include:
- No deductibles or coinsurance.
- Upfront prices for more than 490 services.
- Higher member satisfaction.
- More affordable premiums.
In-home health care
Shifting care into the home can drive better health outcomes, access and experiences, particularly for vulnerable members with physical limitations and those who live in rural and underserved areas.
Through our HouseCalls for Medicare Advantage members, clinicians identify gaps in care and develop individualized care plans, bringing personalized care into the home and providing better insight into members’ health needs. Members are also assessed and referred to social services for needed assistance with determinants of health, including food, medication and housing affordability, transportation issues and employment assistance.