The Military Fellowship Program (MFP), in partnership with DoD SkillBridge, is an innovative and collaborative approach between UnitedHealth Group and all branches of the U.S. military. The program is open to all transitioning active duty service members who qualify. Learn more about how the best and brightest work together to make positive change a reality. Make your mark with us and let’s start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Provide career skills training from one of the main fellowship tracks.
- Transfer knowledge through hands-on experience and on-the-job training opportunities with employees.
- Gain a deep richness and affinity for the UnitedHealth Group culture and how it closely aligns to military values.
- Experience a quality onboarding reintegration process that accelerates your transformation in the workplace.
- Explore health care industry career pathways that enable an informed decision.
- Open to all transitioning active duty service members, both officers and enlisted, of any rank and any branch.
- Must have 180 days of active service remaining prior to date of separation.
- Must have obtained approval, or approval is in process, from unit command.
- Program duration up to 24 weeks.
- Business & Finance, Operations, Clinical Operations, Customer Service and Technology.
Note: As published in the Joint Ethics Regulations of the Department of Defense and as outlined in the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fact Sheet #71 of January 2018, service members participating in a SkillBridge program are participating in a capstone training experience at the end of their military career and are NOT eligible for wages or other benefits from industry partners since the program is supported by the Department of Defense, which will continue to cover the salaries and benefits of the participating members.