What does it take to make health care more efficient? In this department, it depends on having the best people to review data, make concrete decisions, and help us maintain financial discipline and accountability. After all, you’re working with the largest database of health care information in the world.
Finance and accounting interns
As an intern, you’re looking to make a real impact. So come and do just that for an organization that’s making a huge impact in the world. UnitedHealth Group has developed an internship that’s not just instructive and engaging, it’s exhilarating.
What you need to know
- You must be enrolled in FT degree of finance or accounting or related areas of study.
- Areas of focus include: financial planning and analysis, internal audit, corporate development, treasury, regulatory accounting, tax, capital planning or controllership.
- This is a full-time eight-to-12 week program.
- Our interns are truly embedded into their teams, and typically work together on monthly and quarterly reporting. This may include responsibility for analysis and presentations to a particular business line, segment or group.
UnitedHealth Group is a leader known for driving change, and our financial teams are providing the strategic thinking we need to get it right. Here, you will be fully embedded within your team, and are in the driver’s seat of your career path.
What you need to know
It takes a special kind of person who is creative, self-motivated and flexible, to thrive in our environment.
- You should be comfortable working in a performance-oriented culture with a focus on results.
- You will be empowered to move into a new position once you have mastered your current role; most individuals change roles every one and a half to two years.
- You will own your career path here. Within Accounting, our past candidates have moved between traditional managerial accounting, audit and internal controls roles. For Finance, candidates have moved between financial analyst, treasury and corporate development positions.
- You will be provided with mentoring and support to help you navigate our large, complex, matrix organization.
What we are looking for
- Successful completion of a degree in finance, accounting or a closely related discipline is required.
- Strong Excel, analytical and planning skills.
- Our work environment requires excellent collaborative and team-building skills.