As part of UnitedHealth Group’s responsibility to do what is necessary to help ensure the health, well-being and safety of our team members and our communities, we require COVID-19 vaccinations for a significant portion of our U.S.-based team. This policy applies to employees who provide care for our patients; meet in person with customers, members, providers or suppliers; and who enter our facilities.
Following is additional information related to our policy:
- Employees were required to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series on or before November 30, 2021.
- Employees were permitted to request exemptions for medical or religious reasons. All requests were considered.
- Our decisions on how best to protect the health and safety of our workforce and the people we serve are guided by facts and science, and are consistent with the recommendations of health experts.
- We will continue to adhere to all federal, state, local and third-party requirements, which may supersede our policy.
- The vast majority of our workforce complied with this policy.
This pandemic is a dynamic situation, and we appreciate our team’s shared commitment to keeping each other, and the people we serve, safe and healthy. We anticipate further changes as the pandemic continues to evolve.
United in the Fight Against COVID-19
We are leveraging our clinical knowledge and expertise to support those we serve and make a meaningful difference in the fight against COVID-19.
Share This Story