UnitedHealth Group has a responsibility to do what is necessary to help ensure the health, well-being and safety of our team members and our communities. As a result, we are implementing a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for a significant portion of our U.S.-based team. This new policy applies to employees who provide care for our patients; meet in person with customers, members, providers or suppliers; and who enter our facilities.
Following is additional information related to our policy:
- Employees must complete their COVID-19 vaccination series on or before November 30. Exact dates may differ due to the specific requirements of some of our businesses.
- Employees may request exemptions for medical or religious reasons. All requests will be considered but may not be approved.
- We are making a team of clinicians and experts available to help discuss the vaccine with any employee who is hesitant or has additional questions.
- Our decisions on how best to protect the health and safety of our workforce and the people we serve are guided by facts and science, and are consistent with the recommendations of health experts.
- We will continue to adhere to all federal, state, local and third-party requirements, which may supersede our policy.
This pandemic is a dynamic situation, and we appreciate our team’s shared commitment to keeping each other, and the people we serve, safe and healthy. The above policy reflects our decisions for now; we anticipate further changes as the pandemic continues to evolve.
United in the Fight Against COVID-19
We are leveraging our clinical knowledge and expertise to support those we serve and make a meaningful difference in the fight against COVID-19.