At Optum, our mission calls us, our values guide us and our diverse culture connects us as we seek to improve care for the consumers we are privileged to serve and their communities. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our core values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance steer our actions and interactions. They also guide us to achieve our mission to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. And throughout it all, we are united by a culture that cultivates a workplace like no other.
We are fully committed to promoting a company culture where everyone’s voice is heard. We deeply value inclusion, diversity innovation and growth as we are dedicated to improving millions of lives. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards in external and internal operations. Amongst other initiatives to make our work environment the best it can be, we require all employees to complete either a manager or employee training course covering sexual and other harassment and discrimination.
Our culture brings us together.
Our mission calls us.
Our values guide us.
Our values guide us.
The importance of partnerships
Along with attending flagship conferences, chapter events, and career fairs, UnitedHealth Group has strong partnerships with local chapters of many national organizations such as The National Black MBA Association, Prospanica, Reaching Out MBA, The Forum on Workplace Inclusion and National Sales Network conferences. We also partner with the AARP to support the sourcing of 50+ candidates. Learn more about how we engage with partners to ensure that our people, company, customers and communities flourish.
Diversity in recuiting
Our recruiters take action to bring diversity to our workforce by:
- Leveraging online resources to seek out the best talent to join our company, such as posting and sourcing top candidates from diversity specific job boards.
- Working with agencies, education and government programs that support and serve candidates with disabilities such as Welfare to Work and Lifeworks.
- Integrating programs that prepare diverse communities for the workforce.
College students today are the leaders of tomorrow. We’re supporting a future of diverse representation in many ways, including:
We’re supporting a future of diverse representation in many ways, including:
- Sponsoring interns from INROADS, an international, nonprofit organization that places talented college students of color in internships with companies across the nation.
- Hosting an annual Campus Talent Summit, a summer mentorship program for diverse students.
- Supporting our Diverse Scholars Program which awarded nearly $2 Million in scholarships to 175 diverse students pursuing health careers.
- Offering several programs in varying career areas from internships and full-time roles across the entire global organization.
African American Experience
Military Veterans and Spouses
PRIDE at UHG
(Hispanic and Latin)