UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), UnitedHealthcare and Optum are taking action to ensure health plan members and patients affected by COVID-19 have the support and resources they need.
“Our top priority is the health and well-being of our members and patients – and the safety of those who deliver care,” said Dr. Richard Migliori, chief medical officer, UnitedHealth Group. "While the situation is dynamic, we are committed to adapting and supporting those we serve.”
Actions to Support Members, Patients and the Community
- Individuals who feel like they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should immediately contact their primary care provider for guidance. Advance telephone calls are highly recommended to ensure safe and proper patient handling.
- As previously communicated, UnitedHealthcare has waived all member cost sharing, including copays, coinsurance and deductibles, for COVID-19 diagnostic testing provided at approved locations in accordance with CDC guidelines for all commercial insured, Medicaid and Medicare members. UnitedHealthcare is also supporting self-insured customers choosing to implement similar actions.
- Optum’s Emotional-Support Help Line is available to support anyone who may be experiencing anxiety or stress following the recent developments around COVID-19. The free service can be reached at (866) 342-6892, 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to all. In addition, emotional-support resources and information are available online at www.liveandworkwell.com.
- OptumCare clinicians across the country are well-prepared and providing compassionate care to COVID-19 patients of the more than 18 million people we serve through our primary care practices, urgent care centers, and in patient homes and nursing homes.
- To limit the spread of COVID-19, OptumCare clinicians have been trained on the CDC safety and clinical care protocols enabling patients to get the appropriate care, ensure the safety and well-being of the team, and protect others from exposure.
- Eligible UnitedHealthcare and OptumRx members needing help obtaining an early prescription refill can call the customer care number located on the back of their medical ID card for assistance or contact OptumRx customer service (800) 788-4863.
- Health plan members are encouraged to use UnitedHealthcare’s Virtual Visit* capability, available through the UnitedHealthcare app, to help answer any general questions or concerns they might have.
- UnitedHealth Group is utilizing its advanced analytics capabilities to enhance situational awareness and continuously adapt and evolve support services for members, patients and employees.
For the Latest Information
- Because this situation continues to evolve, we encourage people to stay informed by visiting the CDC website.
- If individuals have travel plans, be sure to check out the CDC's travel advisories, including the recently released CDC travel guidance for older Americans, people with underlying health concerns and all travelers planning cruise ship travel.
About UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) is a diversified health care company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two distinct platforms: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services; and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services. For more information, visit UnitedHealth Group at www.unitedhealthgroup.com or follow @UnitedHealthGrp on Twitter.
* People enrolled in employer-sponsored and individual health plans who have a smartphone can download the free UnitedHealthcare app, which provides instant access to their ID card, ability to review and manage prescription medications, locate nearby network care providers and facilities, their personal health benefits and more. The app also enables eligible plan participants to directly schedule and conduct a Virtual Visit with a doctor and schedule a callback from a UnitedHealthcare customer service advocate. Additional out-of-pocket costs may be required for telemedicine services depending on the plan and any applicable state requirements.