UnitedHealthcare Honors Medline for Successful Worksite Wellness Program
- Medline is one of 11 organizations across the country honored by UnitedHealthcare
- Eighth annual "Well Deserved" awards recognize employers for their commitment to wellness programs that enable employees to take an active role in their health and well-being
UnitedHealthcare announced the winners of its annual "Well Deserved" award, an honor given to organizations that demonstrate commitment to improving the health and well-being of their employees through comprehensive and innovative wellness programs.
This is the second straight year that Medline, a global medical supply manufacturer and distributor, has received the award. UnitedHealthcare presented a Golden Apple award to the company to honor its multiyear distinction and ongoing commitment to employee health and well-being. The company's diverse wellness program features the following:
- Free, on-site biometric screenings, health risk assessment tools, flu shots, mammograms and health seminars at many locations.
- Subsidized cafeteria and vending machines at various locations with color-coded nutrition information.
- A robust ergonomic program for employees with more than 700 kangaroo desks to encourage standing instead of sitting in the office.
Medline also offers wellness challenges and has a staffed fitness center at its corporate office. In addition, the company's call center in Dubuque, Iowa created an indoor walking track as well as a meditation room for stress management.
According to The National Business Group on Health, "research shows that healthy employees have lower health care costs; are more productive, creative and resilient; and provide greater intellectual capital to the organization."
"Medline is committed to providing customers with products and clinical solutions that help them perform at their very best. The same holds true with our employees. We are dedicated to offering programs that motivate our employees to live healthy lifestyles," says Karen Ferraro, chief human resources officer at Medline.
Other organizations earning a Well Deserved award include:
- American Hotel Register Company, Vernon Hills, Ill.
- Bellin Health, Green Bay, Wis.
- City of Dublin, Dublin, Ohio
- Methodist Health System, Dallas, Texas
- MGIC Investment Corp, Milwaukee, Wis.
- NCH Corporation, Irving, Texas
- Seminole Gaming, Hollywood, Fla.
- SIRVA Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
- The Council on Foreign Relations, New York, N.Y.
- Westfield Insurance, Westfield Center, Ohio
"UnitedHealthcare congratulates these innovative companies for cultivating a healthier workforce to help improve the well-being of their employees and increase employee satisfaction and productivity," said Carol Ann Rydahl, health strategies consultant for UnitedHealthcare. "June is National Employee Wellbeing Month, so it's a perfect time for all employers to learn ideas from these wellness champions and consider how to bring a culture of employee health to their own companies."
This is UnitedHealthcare's eighth year of recognizing employer customers with "Well Deserved" awards for their outstanding health and wellness programs, working with an external broker review panel to review and judge all applicants.
Medline is a global manufacturer and distributor serving the healthcare industry with medical supplies and clinical solutions that help customers achieve both clinical and financial success. Headquartered in Mundelein, Ill., the company offers 350,000+ medical devices and support services through more than 1,200 direct sales representatives who are dedicated points of contact for customers across the continuum of care. For more information on Medline, go to www.medline.com or http://www.medline.com/social-media to connect with Medline on its social media channels.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers, military service members, retirees and their families, and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 1 million physicians and care professionals, and 6,000 hospitals and other care facilities nationwide. UnitedHealthcare is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company. For more information, visit UnitedHealthcare at uhc.com or follow @myUHC on Twitter.