The Board of Directors of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) announced the results of shareholder voting that took place during the Company’s 2015 annual meeting earlier today.
- UnitedHealth Group directors stand for election annually. The Company’s shareholders elected all those nominated to the Board of Directors: William C. Ballard, Jr., Edson Bueno, M.D., Richard T. Burke, Robert J. Darretta, Stephen J. Hemsley, Michele J. Hooper, Rodger A. Lawson, Glenn M. Renwick, Kenneth I. Shine, M.D., and Gail R. Wilensky, Ph.D.
- Shareholders cast advisory votes approving the Company’s executive compensation.
- Shareholders approved amendments to the 2011 Stock Incentive Plan.
- Shareholders voted in favor of reincorporating the company in Delaware.
- Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm.
- Shareholders rejected a shareholder proposal regarding the board chair position.
About UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) is a diversified health and well-being company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better. UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two distinct platforms: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services; and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services. For more information, visit UnitedHealth Group at www.unitedhealthgroup.com or follow @UnitedHealthGrp on Twitter.