UnitedHealthcare to Offer Consumers Health Insurance Coverage on 23 Individual Exchanges for 2015
- UnitedHealthcare coverage options provide a personalized health care experience that fits consumers’ budgets
- Open enrollment begins Nov. 15 and ends Feb. 15, 2015, with coverage effective as soon as Jan. 1, 2015
Individuals and families looking to buy health insurance coverage for 2015 will now be able to choose plans from UnitedHealthcare through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Plans will be available in the following 23 states: Arizona, Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Nevada, North Carolina, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas and Wisconsin.
UnitedHealthcare has been offering health insurance and services to customers for more than three decades, helping individuals and families choose quality coverage that makes sense for them at a price they can afford. UnitedHealthcare, building on its long-term experience in Medicaid, Medicare and the Individual markets, has developed the expertise to help consumers navigate the process to select and buy health insurance, including those who might be eligible for a tax credit/subsidy to help pay for their coverage.
During open enrollment, UnitedHealthcare will have extra resources available to help people who are either new to selecting insurance coverage or who would like to switch plans. Consumers can call 1-844-joinUHC (1-844-564-6842) to talk to a person who can walk them through the enrollment process, answer questions and enroll them directly if they wish.
“Whether you already have health insurance, or are new to the process, choosing the right coverage for you or your family is an important decision, and we recognize that the enrollment process can be overwhelming,” said Jeff Lucht, senior vice president, UnitedHealthcare. “We are ready to help guide people as they research and select coverage options that best fit their health and financial needs, and we look forward to helping them get access to quality, cost-effective health care.”
The UnitedHealthcare plans include free, convenient access to resources and tools that help make it easier for new plan participants to make informed decisions regarding treatment options and prices, and take control of their health:
- Health4Me, a mobile app for iPhone and Android devices, provides millions of UnitedHealthcare plan participants with simple, easy-to-understand health benefit information in the palm of their hand.
- myHealthcare Cost Estimator – free to all UnitedHealthcare plan participants online at myuhc.com or through the Health4Me™ mobile app – enables consumers to compare health care costs and access quality information before they receive treatment. UnitedHealthcare research shows consumers who use myHealthcare Cost Estimator are more likely to choose a higher-quality care provider. Users have received more than $2.8 billion in estimates since the online and mobile tool launched in 2012, enabling them to make more informed health care decisions and manage their health benefit costs.
- Just Plain Clear (en Español) is a glossary in English and Spanish that defines thousands of health care terms in plain, clear language to help them make better health care decisions.
The Open Enrollment period runs from Nov. 15, 2014, through Feb. 15, 2015, with coverage effective as soon as Jan. 1, 2015. Individuals and families can learn more about UnitedHealthcare Marketplace offerings and potential tax credit eligibility by visiting uhc.com/join, healthcare.gov or their state-based marketplace, or by calling 1-844-joinUHC (1-844-564-6842).
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers, military service members, retirees and their families, and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 800,000 physicians and care professionals, and 6,000 hospitals and other care facilities nationwide. Globally, UnitedHealthcare serves 45 million people in health benefits and is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company. For more information, visit UnitedHealthcare at www.uhc.com or follow @myUHC on Twitter.