UnitedHealthcare Recognizes Employers for Industry-Leading Worksite Wellness ProgramsMINNETONKA, Minn. —
UnitedHealthcare has announced winners of its Well Deserved Award, an annual honor given to employers who have demonstrated a strong commitment to improving their employees’ health and well-being through effective worksite wellness programs.
The use of effective workplace programs may reduce health risks and improve the quality of life for American workers, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Wellness Council of America states that workplace wellness programs are a wise investment to address rising health care costs and to improve employee health.
“We are honored to recognize these leaders for implementing innovative and valuable wellness programs, along with their overall passion for helping employees improve their health,” said Carol Calvin, RN, MS, CPQH, national director of UnitedHealthcare Health and Wellness. “We’ve seen increased interest in wellness programs because more employers are recognizing they can support their employees’ desire to improve their health. By doing so, they can create a happier, healthier workforce while reducing costs for employees and the company.”
Among the Well Deserved Award winners is Meredith Corp., based in Des Moines, Iowa. This is the third year that Meredith Corp. has won the Well Deserved Award. In recognition of its long-term commitment to health and wellness, UnitedHealthcare presented the company with a Leadership award to honor the multiyear distinction.
Four organizations have now won the Well Deserved Award twice and were presented with a Golden Apple Award:
- City of Milwaukee, Wis.
- Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
- Pinellas County Government, Clearwater, Fla.
- The School District of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, Fla.
First-time Well Deserved Award winners include:
- American Greetings, Cleveland, Ohio
- Appvion, Inc., Appleton, Wis.
- Council on Foreign Relations, New York, N.Y.
- City of Dallas, Texas
- FM Global, Johnston, R.I.
- Graebel Companies, Inc., Aurora, Colo.
- Greendale School District, Greendale, Wis.
- Wacker Neuson, Menomonee Falls, Wis.
Honorable Mention recipients include:
- AAA Southern New England, Providence, R.I.
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wis.
- City of Greensboro, N.C.
- Cuyahoga County, Cleveland, Ohio
- Hexagon Metrology, North Kingstown, R.I.
- KDM P.O.P. Solutions Group, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Narragansett Bay Commission, Providence, R.I.
- OCLC, Dublin, Ohio
- Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc., Denton, Texas
- Sparton Corporation, Schaumburg, Ill.
- STRATTEC Corporation, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Westfield Group, Westfield Center, Ohio
This is UnitedHealthcare’s sixth year of recognizing employer customers for their outstanding health and wellness programs, working with an external broker review panel to review and judge all applicants.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 800,000 physicians and care professionals, and 6,000 hospitals and other care facilities nationwide. Globally, UnitedHealthcare serves more than 45 million people in health benefits and is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company.