UnitedHealth Group Acts to Support Coloradans Affected by Wildfires
- Assistance for UnitedHealthcare plan participants whose access to care may have been affected
- Free emotional-support help line from Optum open to anyone
- Support of Red Cross relief efforts
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) and its benefits and services businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, are taking immediate action to help people living in the Colorado Springs area affected by the wildfires.
This includes assisting health plan participants who may need to make alternate arrangements to ensure continuity of care; a free emotional-support line; and supporting the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, which is helping people in the affected communities.
- Help Finding a Network Care Provider, Early Refills: Plan participants who need help finding a care provider in the UnitedHealthcare network or early prescription refills can call customer care at the number located on the back of their medical ID card.
For plan participants who may have misplaced their medical ID card, call 866-633-2446, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. (in the local time zone), Monday through Friday. People enrolled in employer-sponsored and individual health plans who have a smartphone can download the free Health4Me app, which provides instant access to their ID card, network care providers, their personal health benefits and more.
- Free Help Line: Optum, a leading health and behavioral health services company, is offering a free emotional-support help line.
The toll-free number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for as long as necessary. The service is free of charge and open to anyone. Specially trained Optum mental health specialists help people manage their stress and anxiety so they can continue to address their everyday needs. Callers may also receive referrals to community resources to help them with specific concerns, including financial and legal matters.
Along with the toll-free help line, emotional support resources and information are available online at www.liveandworkwell.com.
- Support for the American Red Cross: Through a $500,000 annual commitment, UnitedHealth Group participates in the Annual Disaster Giving Program of the American Red Cross, which is offering shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to people in the affected communities.
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; provides nearly half of the nation’s blood; teaches lifesaving skills; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a charitable organization – not a government agency – and depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit www.redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.
About UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) is a diversified health and well-being company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better. With headquarters in Minnetonka, Minn., UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two business platforms: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services; and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services. Through its businesses, UnitedHealth Group serves more than 80 million people worldwide. For more information, visit UnitedHealth Group at www.unitedhealthgroup.com.