In-Home Clinical Visits for Medicare Advantage Members
HouseCalls is a program focused on improving the health and quality of life for seniors by providing medical examinations in the comfort of their own homes. By visiting them in familiar surroundings, HouseCalls practitioners gain critical insights into members’ needs. The program also employs sophisticated technology and targeted health education.
The HouseCalls visit meets the clinical elements of an Annual Wellness Visit as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and includes the following services:
- comprehensive review of medical and social history;
- physical examination and health screenings, including biometric assessments (BMI and blood pressure);
- administration of cognitive screenings;
- assessment of overall health and living situations;
- comprehensive review of prescription medications;
- lab screenings for particular identified needs;
- member education;
- coordination with member’s primary care provider; and
- referrals to care management programs, behavioral health and other resources.
The HouseCalls technology support system allows the licensed health care practitioners to access the member’s relevant clinical data and efficiently transmit health information through handheld tablets.
The combination of unique technology and hands-on care empowers HouseCalls practitioners to establish a strong foundation of trust with each individual, increase adherence to physicians’ orders and prescriptions, and craft a plan of customized care that is shared with the individual’s primary care provider.
With each in-home encounter, HouseCalls is positively impacting the lives of individuals — one visit at a time.