About Our In-Home Visits from Nurse Practitioners to Medicare Advantage Members
Housecalls combines the human touch of in-home medical examination with sophisticated technology and targeted health education to improve the health and quality of life for seniors.
Our network of health care nurse practitioners visits UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage members in their homes to:
- Administer biometric assessment, like BMI and blood pressure
- Provide preventive care, like flu shots
- Assess health and living situation and refer members to care management, behavioral health and pharmacy resources that further support and address any issues
- Review prescription medications and encourage stronger adherence to treatment programs
- Educate members on care for chronic conditions
- Use technology support system, XLCare, to access relevant clinical data and transfer assessment data in real-time through tablet computers
By examining our members in their homes, we collect critical insight unavailable outside the Housecalls program. With this combination of unique information and hands-on care, we can build a strong foundation of trust, create stronger adherence to physician’s orders and medication and craft a plan of customized care for each member that can be shared electronically with their care providers.