About the UnitedHealth Center for Health Reform & Modernization
The people of UnitedHealth Group are committed to comprehensive, bipartisan health reform because we believe everyone deserves access to quality health care.
We have proposed market reforms that will guarantee quality, affordable and portable coverage for all Americans, regardless of gender, health status or pre-existing conditions. These changes must be accompanied by a personal coverage requirement that brings everyone into the system, protects American families who are already insured, and keeps coverage affordable and accessible for all. And we remain committed to fostering a constructive discussion. To that end, we formed the UnitedHealth Center for Health Reform & Modernization.
The Center comprises a team of health care experts with diverse clinical, managerial, policy, governmental and academic backgrounds drawn from the more than 133,000 people of UnitedHealth Group. These resources are supplemented by external partnerships with leading research groups and academic teams, both domestically and internationally. Working together, we can ensure that quality health care is accessible to all Americans, and that it is affordable and sustainable - not a burden to future generations.
Our work falls into six priority areas:
- Empowering patients and physicians. Innovative approaches to universal coverage and health benefits, grounded in evidence-based care and consumer engagement.
- Improving delivery. Modernizing the care delivery system, including strengthening primary care.
- Reducing disparities. Reducing health disparities, particularly in underserved communities.
- Containing cost. Practical cost containment strategies to slow the growth of national health care costs.
- Reforming payment structures. Strategies that better support physicians, hospitals and other providers who deliver high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Modernizing Medicare. Improving chronic disease management and end-of-life care.