About Supplier Registration
At UnitedHealth Group we recognize the following diverse business classifications:
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
An enterprise that is at least 51 percent owned, operated and controlled by minority group members or, at least 51 percent of the stock is owned by minority group members. Such as:
- Hispanic Americans – All persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central, Latin or South American, Portuguese, or other Spanish origins regardless of race.
- Native Americans – All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of North America and who maintain cultural identification through tribal affiliations or Eskimos, Aleuts, and native Hawaiians.
- Asian/Pacific Americans – All persons having origins in any of the peoples of Japan, China, Vietnam, Korea, Samoa, Guam, U.S. Trust Territories of the Pacific Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Laos, Cambodia, or Taiwan.
- Asian/Indian Americans – All persons having origins in India, Pakistan, or Bangladesh.
Women-Owned Business Enterprise
An enterprise that, regardless of ethnic background, is at least 51 percent owned, operated and controlled by women members, or, in the case of a publicly owned business, at least 51 percent of the stock is owned by women.
Small Business Enterprise
A for-profit small business concern, including its affiliates, that is independently owned and operated, is organized for profit, and is not dominant in its field. Depending on the industry, size-standard eligibility is based on the average number of employees for the preceding 12 months or on sales volume averaged over a three-year period. Classifications include:
- HUBZone Business – Located in a historically underutilized business zone.
- Veteran-Owned Business – At least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by individuals who have served in the U.S. military armed services.
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business – At least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by individuals who were injured while serving in the U.S. military armed services.
- Disadvantaged-Owned Business – At least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by one or more socially and economically disadvantaged individuals.
- 8(a) Business – At least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by one or more certified disadvantaged individuals.
Registering as a Diverse Supplier
To be considered for upcoming projects, suppliers with products and services potentially suitable for UnitedHealth Group should complete a supplier profile. This information will be distributed electronically to UnitedHealth Group sourcing managers for further review. Suppliers with products and services of interest to our sourcing managers will be considered to participate in UnitedHealth Group’s request for proposal process (RFP).
If you are a certified diverse business and would like to register with UnitedHealth Group, please complete a supplier profile. If you have already registered with UnitedHealth Group, you may also update your profile here.