At A Glance
- Serving more than 85 million individuals worldwide with health benefits and services.
- Operations in all 50 states in the United States and 20 other countries worldwide.
- 2012 revenues of $110.6 billion.
- Fortune 500 ranking: No. 17
- Named World’s Most Admired Company in the Insurance and Managed Care sector, 2010, 2011, 2012, by Fortune.
- Member, Dow Jones Industrial Average.
About UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone.
We are committed to introducing innovative approaches, products and services that can improve personal health and promote healthier populations in local communities. Our core capabilities in clinical care resources, information and technology uniquely enable us to meet the evolving needs of a changing health care environment as millions more Americans enter a structured system of health benefits and we help build a stronger, higher quality health system that is sustainable for the long term.
We serve our clients and consumers through two distinct platforms:
- UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services. Learn more >
- Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services. Learn more >