- UnitedHealth Group achieved business growth across each of its reporting segments and generated earnings from operations of $6.4 billion.
- Diluted net earnings per common share were $3.24.
- Revenues were $87.1 billion.
- Cash ﬂows from operations reached $5.6 billion, representing 147 percent of 2009 net earnings.
- The challenging economic environment in the United States during 2009 exerted pressure on growth, product pricing and margins for UnitedHealth Group.
The 2009 financial results on the following pages should be read together with the consolidated financial statements and notes in the 2009 Annual Report on Form 10-K. The 2009 Annual Report on Form 10-K is an integral part of this summary annual report.